Saturday, December 15, 2007

my bid to be vp

As a child, I was raised to believe that "super" was the ultimate goal. I worked hard, earned straight A's, went to college, earned a master's in Superhero Science and am currently writing a doctoral thesis on attempting to use bilingual monologues to increase the wait time with villains. It's been interesting field research, teaming me up with some strange villains who often have a more human and sympathetic story than the superheroes.

The point is this: I am super, but I am also mediocre. I am in that B+ range - that good student who does not make validictorian, but it still really good. In other words, I'm the guy you would want to be a number two. I just wrote "number two." Wow, I've been spending too much time around geeky villains who have a penchant for laughing at lame toilet humor. My point is that I can be that Scottie Pippin to Michael Jordan. I can be Art Garfunkle.

With this, let it be known that I am the first superhero-turned-vice presidential candidate to announce his candidacy on Blogger and Myspace at the same time. We'll see CNN covers it. Perhaps not, but maybe I'll get a short mention on NPR. I haven't chosen the party or the candidate, but I am letting the future candidates know that I am available to be a vice president. It's a hard job, filled with the occasional demand to break a Senate tie as well as the various photo-ops and meetings. Yet, it's just the right job for a B+ guy like me.

No comments: